Fixing the body kit on this car has been a fun adventure. I was recently driving after it rained and there were some puddles in a local store’s parking lot near me and I didn’t notice how deep it actually was and slammed the front bumper body kit into the ground hard. Enough to crack it in several places and knock off the front turn signals. As soon as I went home I took the bumper off and got to work.
So the bumper is a Bomex duraflex kit from Extreme Dimensions and so far it has held up pretty well. This last time I slammed it into the ground was enough to crack the crap out of it in several spots and I can’t have it looking like that so I did some body work.
I first started off by sanding around all the cracks and filing a little to make the hole shaped more like a v. Once I did this I used some fiberglass tape on the backside and some fiberglass resin. Then once it dried I put some resin on the front and then applied some bondo body filler after it dried. In some spots I had to do a few layers before it was good enough to hide the cracks.
I originally had the base Probe front turn signals which do not fit the bumper at all so I had holes on the side of the bottom air vents to hold them in. This looked tacky and I’ve been wanting to take care of it for awhile. I filled the holes in and then purchased some Acura Integra front turn signals from the 99 Integras. They fit the Probes turn signal bulb sockets pretty good minus a minute or two of some filing the turn signals assembly.
Once I was done test fitting the new front turn signals I took them out and then proceeded to finish perfecting the front bumper. I finished sanding it with some real fine grit and hit it with some primer. After about two layers I started to apply some bright blue paint.
I installed the bumper after and it came out really nice. It really stands out now. I also did the trunk and installed the JSP America carbon fiber wing on it as well after shaving the trunk wiper and filling in the hole.
So far the car is coming out great. I just need to finish filling in the side skirts and then I can finish painting the whole car. I’m excited and can’t wait!